Online quizzes have been around for a decade or more, but recently they’ve gone far beyond the ‘What Disney character are you?’ type of quiz that has no real purpose. Quizzes are now one of the most popular types of online marketing content for engaging with your target customer. If you’re on social media, you’ve undoubtedly taken a quiz at some time or another. Websites like Buzzfeed have solidified their reputation and become massively popular through their quiz content.
Creating online quizzes is a bit more complex than creating an image or a simple video. But at the same time, quizzes are highly entertaining and engaging, and the work you put in on creating a good quiz can pay off in terms of sharing, engagement, and recognition of your brand.
In this blog series, you’ll learn how to create the perfect quiz and through the learning activities I’ve included, you’ll start creating your first quiz. How does it get any better than that!?? By the time you’re finished, you’ll already have a quiz ready to share with your audience that will engage them and help you meet your marketing goals.
By the time you complete this series, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of using quizzes in your marketing
- Identify the differences between quizzes and surveys or assessments, and when to use each
- Explain the differences between quizzes that are educational and purely fun
- Define the goal and target audience for the quizzes you create, so that you can create the right quiz to meet your goal
- Identify great topics for your quizzes based on your goals, the type of quiz that’s most appropriate, and a title that’s guaranteed to get clicked
- Design your quiz, starting with the outcomes and fashioning questions that will lead to these outcomes
- Apply best practices and tips to write questions for your quiz
- Create a call to action to turn your quiz takers into qualified leads, social media followers, email subscribers, or buyers.
- Set up your quiz and test it on your selected quiz builder platform
- Start sharing your quiz and measuring results.
Sound good? Check out the other posts in this series:
Need help getting it all planned out? Check out my Quiz Planner.
Already know you create better when you’re playing with someone else? Check out the details on our Social Selling Implementation Lab by clicking the banner below.